First Class Care Academy offers specialized training programs for Chicago Nannies. No matter if you are just starting out or have 10 years of experience, everyone can benefit from more education and a higher skill level. Please check our Calendar to see upcoming events.
Professional Development Workshop:
Landing your dream job by standing out from the crowd.
Learn from a Professional Career Coach how to seal the deal in your interview!
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to learn…
– How to create the perfect Nanny resume.
– How to create a Nanny portfolio that highlights your skills and makes you stand out.
– Create the perfect portfolio during the class. We will have supplies on hand so you will have the opportunity to take home a finished product.
– How to properly prepare for your interview.
– How to answer the “tough” questions with ease.
– How to leave a lasting impression and be a top pick
– How to use body language to your advantage.
– The secrets to following up with the family and landing the job.
CREATE your OWN NANNY PORTFOLIO in CLASS!
We will provide you will all the supplies to make your portfolio GREAT!
Mary Beth Barrett-Newman – Career Coach
Erin Krex – President of First Class Care Inc.
Nanny and Housekeeper Cooking 101
Simple Family Friendly meals in 30 min or less.
Cooking can be daunting when you are doing it for the families you work for. Learn skills and techniques you can use every day in cooking delicious healthy meals in a short amount of time.
In this class you will learn:
Measuring and reading a recipe
Seasoning for taste
Sautéing and making pan sauces
Blanching and finishing vegetables
Roasting vegetables and more
You will learn to cook 5 things and take home recipes for several dishes using the techniques learned in class.
Mary Kay Gill
Nurturing First Class Behavior
This workshop explores the various ways of using positive reinforcement to build better behavior in children of all ages. Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Understand how to use rewards to teach values and expectations of behavior
- Practice effectively using reinforcement to increase compliance and listening skills
- Explore how to teach new positive behaviors to replace the challenging
- Learn the most effective way to use a behavior chart. Additionally, participants will create one in the workshop to take home.
Denaye Barahona M.S.W. L.C.S.W.
Professional Housekeeper Training
First Class Care has exclusively partnered with The Charles MacPherson Academy to bring Chicago it’s world-renowned Housekeeper training course. The 2-day training course features the exact same material taught in their famous Butler & Household Manager’s School.
During the program, students will have both classroom and hands-on classes. Each student will receive a copy of the housekeeping & laundry textbook from the academy that covers with intricate color drawings many of the class lessons that will be taught. The subjects taught will include, but not limited to:
•Understanding Personal Hygiene & Sanitation
•Cleaning tools required for the house of today
•Cleaning products both chemical and non chemical
•Cleaning technique’s to include best practices and “How To”. Rooms to be covered include, bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchens
•Dealing with specialty surfaces such as wood cabinetry, stainless steel, ceramic, shower doors, blinds
•How to correctly dust anything from delicate to everyday surfaces
•Dealing with specialty items such as antiques, art, books, drapery’s, sculptures, painted and wallpapered walls, chandeliers and rugs
•Time management on how to schedule your time and keep track of what has been done and what do you need to do as well as when items in the house need to be cleaned
•Laundry will deal with sorting for the wash, folding, stain removal, ironing and how to wash a cashmere sweeter by hand
At the conclusion of this course, students who successfully complete the program and testing requirements will graduate with a certificate as per our governance.
If you are a First Class Care candidate you will graduate as a Certified First Class Care Housekeeper.
House Management 101:
First Class Care has exclusively partnered with The Charles MacPherson Academy to bring Chicago it’s world-renowned House Management training course.
This one-day seminar will be packed with use full and necessary information for those either seeking to move up or currently working and managing within the Household Management Industry.
Sample of material to be included, but not limited just
to these items are,
- Duties: What are the duties required of a Jr. House Manager, House Manager
and Estate Manager.
- Successful Communication: How to communicate successfully between employee and employer. How employees can communicate effectively and
on an as needed basis with their employers to get the answers they need.
- Household staff: How to aquire and retain good household staff. This includes how to successfully communicate with your household employees with topics such as staff meetings, praise and discipline along with correct and proper record keeping.
- Estate Manuals: Learn what manuals are needed to run a home smoothly and what other household management tools that are needed to successfully run an estate and maintain good records
- Human Resources understanding the fundamentals of hiring and firing and interview techniques
CMA Household Managers Textbook for this program is included.
Who Should Attend?
This intensive one-day program is intended for anyone within or aspiring to be a Household Manager. Household employees such as Estate Managers, Executive Housekeepers, Nannies and Personal Assistants who have both an expanded role within their current duties and/or looking for advancement in their current household both from a responsibility and financial perspective. The material covered will include both proven Household Management Methods and Industry Best Practices. This material is both applicable and necessary to professionally run households with one or two employees straight through to the larger residences with multiple employees.
This program is an excerpt from the Charles MacPherson
Academy for Butlers and Household Managers, the only registered school of its
kind in North America.
This course features the “heartsaver CPR AED” content from the American Heart Association. It covers adult CPR and AED use (compressions with breaths) & child CPR and AED use and infant CPR, including child and infant choking. Skills are taught in a fun, dynamic group environment by using the AHA™s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which provides students with the hands-on CPR practice time using the industry™s best manikins. This class is intended for those with limited or no medical training who need a course completion card in CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements. Ideal for nannies, school teachers, therapists, personal trainers, doulas, healthclub employees, etc. Participants receive an AHA booklet to take home. A Heartsaver CPR AED card is issued at the completion of this class. The card is valid for 2 years.