First Class Care has exclusively partnered with The Charles MacPherson Academy to bring Chicago it’s world-renowned Housekeeper training course taught by Estate Management Solutions. The training course features the exact same material taught in their famous Butler & Household Manager’s School.
During the program, students will have both classroom and hands-on classes. Each student will receive a color workbook and textbooks will be available at an additional cost.
The subjects taught will include, but not limited to:
- Understanding Personal Hygiene & Sanitation
- Understanding the difference between housekeeping, housecleaning & deep cleaning
- Cleaning tools required for the house of today
- Different types of vacuums and what type is best used on which surface
- Cleaning products both chemical and non chemical
- Preparing daily cleaning caddy’s and specialty caddy’s based on the special projects at hand
- Understanding the effects of Heat, Light & Humidity on household interiors
- Cleaning technique’s to include best practices and “How to’s” Rooms to be covered include, bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchens
- Dealing with specialty surfaces such as wood cabinetry, stainless steel, ceramic, shower doors, blinds
- How to correctly dust anything from delicate to everyday surfaces, this is the same technique used in museums such as The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Louvre and Buckingham Palace in London
- Dealing with specialty items such as antiques, art, books, drapery’s, sculptures, painted and wallpapered walls, chandeliers and rugs
- How to make the perfect 3-sheet method bed and turndown
- Time management on how to schedule your time and keep track of what has been done and what do you need to do as well as when items in the house need to be cleaned
- Starting laundry class with understanding clothing/laundry labels and what do they mean?
- How to correctly sort laundry for the wash
- Folding methods
- Best practices for stain removal, including step by step instructions
- Understanding the difference between a top loader and front loader and what can be cleaned in each type respectively
- Understanding ironing techniques, based on different fabrics
- Ironing temperature chart for all fabrics
- How to safely wash a cashmere sweater by hand
The last hour of the class on day two includes a special short presentation on how to correctly set an individual place setting for any meal/place setting. Each student will receive a world renowned “Butler Stick” so that they understand and can execute correctly an individual place setting using the technique of “accuracy = symmetry and symmetry = beauty”.
At the conclusion of this course, students who successfully complete the program and testing requirements will graduate with a certificate as per our governance. We are the only traveling trainers in North America who are able to offer this certificate while teaching away from our academy.
This two-day class will be taught by Peter Van Ryder.
If you are a First Class Care candidate and you successfully complete the 2 day course Professional Housekeeper Training you will graduate as a Certified First Class Care Housekeeper.
Peter started his service career working as a bellman and concierge in a small luxury hotel in Houston, Texas; eventually working his way up to Front Office Manager of a Crowne Plaza Hotel. Refining his skills as an Innkeeper at a four star Country Inn and French Restaurant. After 7 years as a Private Service Professional in roles as Butler, Household Manager, Personal Assistant and Estate Manager, Peter attended Starkey International Institute in Denver, Colorado where he earned his certification in Household Management. He was previously certified as a Cisco Network Administrator and a Microsoft Systems Administrator. Having worked in homes on both coasts and overseas, from 2,000 to 30,000 square feet, on estates ranging from 4 to 280 acres with active horse trails, he has honed his skills through continuous education and a drive for the betterment of the industry.
Based in Dallas, Texas he is working for the positive growth of the Private Service Profession. In 2009 he established Estate Management Solutions, which is dedicated to educating the public and professional about the high standards of the private service industry. In 2010 he established the Dallas Chapter of the Domestic Estate Managers Association, currently serves as Chapter President and is actively involved in setting up the DEMA Institute.
February 21 and 22, 2014
9am – 5pm
Courtyard By Marriott
1311 American Lane
Schaumburg, IL 60173